Great Western Railway offers free Wi-Fi access on all of its trains and stations. Learn how to connect to the GWR Wi-Fi to stay connected to the internet.
How to connect to Great Western Railway Wi-Fi?
- Open Settings and Turn on Wi-Fi ·
- Connect to the “GWR WiFi” or “GWR Free Station WiFi” Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your email address and click Connect.
- You will be connected to the Great Western Railway Wi-Fi.
If the “GWR WiFi” or “GWR Free Station WiFi” network is not available, please contact Great Western Railway Customer Service for assistance.
If GWR Wi-Fi landing page doesn’t pop up
If you are not automatically redirected to the Great Western Railway Wi-Fi landing page, try one of the following methods:
- Open a browser and go to any web page such as www.gwr.com and you will be redirected to the Wi-Fi landing page.
- If above method doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and open http://126.96.36.199 or http://captive.apple.com.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and select “GWR Wi-Fi” WiFi and click Forget This Network and Turn Auto-Join off and try again.
How fast is Great Western Railway Wi-Fi?
The internet speed may vary and subject to bandwidth availability. The internet speed is ideal for web browsing, checking emails, and social media profiles. GWR uses 4G and 5G signals so you may lose connection when the train passes through an area of weak signal. You will be reconnected automatically once the signal improves. Bandwidth is shared among all users so it may be slower during peak hours.
Is Great Western Railway Wi-Fi safe?
Most public Wi-Fi networks, including Great Western Railway Wi-Fi, are unencrypted or open and potentially unsafe. It is not recommended to send or receive personal information or carry out activities such as internet banking while using an unsecured public Wi-Fi.
If you are on a Sprinter or Electrostar train:
020 8028 0378
If you are on a long-distance high-speed, Castle Class, or Turbo, train, or the Night Riviera Sleeper:
0330 088 1275