South Western Railway offers free Wi-Fi access on all of its trains and stations. Learn how to connect to the SWR Wi-Fi to stay connected to the internet.
How to connect to South Western Railway Wi-Fi?
- Open Settings and Turn on Wi-Fi ·
- Connect to the “SWR WiFi” or “SWR Station Wi-Fi” Wi-Fi network.
- Enter your email address and click Connect.
- You will be connected to the South Western Railway Wi-Fi.
If the “SWR Wi-Fi” or “SWR Station Wi-Fi” network is not available, please contact South Western Railway Customer Service for assistance.
If SWF Wi-Fi landing page doesn’t pop up
If you are not automatically redirected to the South Western Railway Wi-Fi landing page, try one of the following methods:
- Open a browser and go to any web page such as www.southwesternrailway.com and you will be redirected to the Wi-Fi landing page.
- If above method doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and open http://220.127.116.11 or http://captive.apple.com.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and select “SWR Wi-Fi” WiFi and click Forget This Network and Turn Auto-Join off and try again.
How fast is South Western Railway Wi-Fi?
The internet speed may vary and subject to bandwidth availability. The internet speed is ideal for web browsing, checking emails, and social media profiles. SWF uses 4G and 5G signals so you may lose connection when the train passes through an area of weak signal. You will be automatically reconnected once signal improves. Bandwidth is shared among all users so it may be slower during peak hours.
Is South Western Railway Wi-Fi safe?
Most public Wi-Fi networks, including South Western Railway Wi-Fi, are unencrypted or open and potentially unsafe. It is not recommended to send or receive personal information or carry out activities such as internet banking while using an unsecured public Wi-Fi.
0345 6000 650