Telstra offers Free Wi-Fi access to anyone across selected Telstra payphones. Learn how to connect to Telstra Wi-Fi to stay connected to the internet.
How to connect to Telstra Wi-Fi?
- Open Settings and Turn on Wi-Fi ·
- Connect to the “Free Telstra Wi-Fi” Wi-Fi network.
- Accept the terms and you will be connected to Telstra Wi-Fi.
How to find Telstra Wi-Fi in Australia?
- Open the Telstra Payphone locator tool.
- Enter suburb or postcode and click Search.
- You will be shown Telstra Payphones near you.
If Telstra Wi-Fi landing page doesn’t pop up
If you are not automatically redirected to the Telstra Wi-Fi landing page, try one of the following methods:
- Open a browser and go to any web page such as www.telstra.com.au, and you will be redirected to the Wi-Fi landing page.
- If above method doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and open http://184.108.40.206 or http://captive.apple.com.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and select “Free Telstra Wi-Fi” Wi-Fi and click Forget This Network and Turn Auto-Join off and try again.
How fast is Telstra Wi-Fi?
The internet speed may vary from location to location subject to bandwidth availability. The internet speed is ideal for web browsing, checking emails, and social media profiles. It may be slower during peak hours.
Is Telstra Wi-Fi safe?
Most public Wi-Fi networks, including Telstra Wi-Fi, are unencrypted or open and potentially unsafe. It is not recommended to send or receive personal information or carry out activities such as internet banking while using an unsecured public Wi-Fi.
You may receive messages regarding blocked sites if you are trying to access restricted websites using Telstra Wi-Fi.