Tesco offers Free Wi-Fi to all its customers at Tesco superstores across the UK. Learn how to connect to the Tesco Wi-Fi to stay connected to the internet.
How to connect to Tesco Wi-Fi?
- Open Settings and Turn on Wi-Fi ·
- Connect to the “Tesco Wi-Fi” Wi-Fi network.
- You will be connected to the Tesco Wi-Fi.
If the Tesco Wi-Fi network is not available or requires password authentication, please contact Tesco customer service for assistance.
Tesco Colleagues can log in to the “Tesco Colleague” Wi-Fi network. On Android, you may require additional settings:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase-2 authentication: None or MSCHAPV2
- CA certificate: Do not validate
- Domain: global.tesco.com
- Identity: Your @tesco.com username
- Anonymous identity: Leave blank
- Password: Your password
If Tesco Wi-Fi landing page doesn’t pop up
If you are not automatically redirected to the Tesco Wi-Fi landing page, try one of the following methods:
- Open a browser and go to any web page such as www.tesco.com, and you will be redirected to the Wi-Fi landing page.
- If above method doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and open http://184.108.40.206 or http://captive.apple.com.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and select “Tesco Wi-Fi” Wi-Fi network and click Forget This Network and Turn Auto-Join off and try again.
How fast is Tesco Wi-Fi?
The internet speed may vary from store to store subject to bandwidth availability.
Is Tesco Wi-Fi safe?
Most public Wi-Fi networks, including Tesco Wi-Fi, are unencrypted or open and potentially unsafe. It is not recommended to send or receive personal information or carry out activities such as internet banking while using an unsecured public Wi-Fi.
You may receive message regarding blocked sites if you are trying to access restricted websites using Tesco Wi-Fi.