VIA Rail offers free Wi-Fi on most of its trains, in business lounges, and in select stations. Learn how to connect to the VIA Rail Wi-Fi to stay connected to the internet.
How to connect to VIA Rail Wi-Fi?
- Open Settings and Turn on Wi-Fi ·
- Connect to the “VIA_WiFi_VIDEO” or “VIA_Station” Wi-Fi network.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and you will be connected to the VIA Rail Wi-Fi.
If VIA Rail Wi-Fi network is not available, please contact VIA Rail internet service provider for assistance.
Wi-Fi service is offered on-board Quebec City – Windsor corridor and in select corridor stations and Business lounges. It is also available on board the Ocean train (Montreal – Halifax).
Internet service is not available on Trains 97 and 98 (Toronto – Niagara Falls – New York).
You may encounter internet accessibility issues in the Matapedia Valley.
If VIA Rail Wi-Fi landing page doesn’t pop up
If you are not automatically redirected to the VIA Rail Wi-Fi landing page, try one of the following methods:
- Open a browser and type https://wifi-viarail.ca in the address bar, and you will be redirected to the Wi-Fi landing page.
- If above method doesn’t work, clear your browser cache and open http://188.8.131.52 or http://captive.apple.com.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and select VIARAIL_WIFI network and click Forget This Network and Turn Auto-Join off and try again.
How fast is VIA Rail Wi-Fi?
The internet speed may vary and subject to bandwidth availability. The internet speed is ideal for web browsing, checking emails, and social media profiles. It may be slower during peak hours.
Is VIA Rail Wi-Fi safe?
Most public Wi-Fi networks, including VIA Rail Wi-Fi, are unencrypted or open and potentially unsafe. It is not recommended to send or receive personal information or carry out activities such as internet banking while using an unsecured public Wi-Fi.